Thursday 26 June 2014

World Cup Football Creche in Essex

Haircut in Manningtree











I went to have a haircut today. I was starting to look like the mad scientist in "Back to the Future" and the kids in school were starting to comment. 

My policy is to have a low maintenance cut (no.2) all over. Eyebrows - the lot! The whole deal was £5, (plus £1 tip) and about 5 minutes in the chair discussing being a Community First Responder with my parascending hair stylist.


Job done, so I walked back the car in the clear sunshine with the hot rays burning my exposed scalp. The board on the pavement in front of me, outside "The Skinners Arms" in Station Road, Manningtree caught my eye. There was a word that seemed somewhat incongruous within the surroundings of a public house. 

Creche.......


I kept on walking....paused....and turned back to check....






Curiosity and puzzlement were satisfied when I read the rest of the sign in its entirety. 


One can only congratulate the sign writer for their entrepreneurial spirit in attempting to capture a niche market. However, their boundless optimism will probably lead to disappoint. 

It made me smile.






There was another enigma on the reverse of the sign:



Buy two drinks


and


Pay for two drinks.



"The Skinners" seems to be an interesting place.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can add to the information in any of my blog postings, or have a question, please write a comment, or use the contact form I will endeavour to respond as soon as I can.