Wednesday 30 April 2014

VP-63 - Madcats at PD in '43 (Part 3)

More about the US Navy Patrol Squadron VP-63 at RAF Pembroke Dock




VP-63 - Madcats at PD in '43 (Part 3)

The third part of the video, shows United States Navy sailors re-arming a PBY-5. They are shown installing the nose and blister guns, as well as belts and boxes of ammunition. The aircraft is also armed with rockets on under-wing racks.




The rockets seem to be versions of the lower example in the diagram below.  I am sure those better informed than me will put me straight!




It just occurred to me that I did not explain why VP-63 was known as "The Madcats". I will post about this later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can add to the information in any of my blog postings, or have a question, please write a comment, or use the contact form I will endeavour to respond as soon as I can.